Thursday, March 15, 2007

:: Swimming Pool Tale ::

:: Swimming Pool Tale ::

Old Uncle: From which state?
Me: Maharashtra.
Old Uncle: Your name?
Me: Sunil Ghorpade (I had to lie as the first question scared me.)
Old Uncle: Where do you stay?
Me: Close by.
Old Uncle: When did you join?
Me: This is my first day.
Old Uncle: Life Member?
Me: No 3-month member.
Me in my mind: Too inquisitive. I got to be careful.

Old Uncle: You will come everyday?
Me: Yes, may be in the beginning.
Old Uncle: I don’t come on Saturdays and Sundays. The pool’s too crowded.
Me in my mind: For once there’s no question there.

Old Uncle: What’s your weight?
Me: Uncleji, please ‘wait’ here until I swim a little.
Old Uncle: God bless you!
Me: Thank you.

When I narrated this incident to some my friends and colleagues, they had the following interpretations:

  • Old uncle was lonely and wanted someone to talk to.
  • Old uncle was gay and wanted some pleasure.
  • Old uncle has a daughter/grand daughter whom he wants to pair up with someone.

I hope it's the last one.

No comments: