Monday, June 13, 2005

Tagging Books

:: Books Tagged @ Veblogs ::

I am following the meme from Ink Scrawl, the blog by Mandar Talvekar, a friend of mine. Before I continue, I first thought of looking up what a ‘meme’ means. I checked the meaning in WordWeb. It says, A meme is cultural unit (an idea or value or pattern of behavior) that is passed from one generation to another by nongenetic means (as by imitation).

I read books that provide, what I call ‘Actionable Information.’ So here I go…

Total Number of Books I Own: Let me count. 1,2,3…I think around 500 books. This includes the World Book Encyclopedia, atlases, the ChildCraft series, dictionaries (from my grandfather’s times), reference books (science, management), storybooks, reader’s digest collectibles, professional magazines, self-development books etc.

Last Book I Bought: You won’t believe it! It is Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis.

Last Book I Read: Sand to Silicon by Shivanand Kanavi.

Five Books That Mean a Lot to Me:

1. An Introduction to Immunology by C.Vaman Rao: This is the book for which I illustrated. I single handedly created more than 200 vector-based diagrams. The book is published in India, USA, and UK.

2. Winning at Interviews by Edgar Thorpe: This is one of the first books presented to me by my father. It indeed helped me win at several interviews.

3. Don’t Say Yes When You Want to Say No by Herbert Fensterheim: I get assertiveness tips from this book.

4. A Book of Indian Birds by Salim Ali: I used this book extensively for the numerous nature trails that we went for, when I was in St. Xavier’s College.

5. Adventures of a PR Man by S. N. Surkund: This is an absolute must-read for relaxing your tense nerves and enjoying hilarious real-life short stories.

1 comment:

mandar talvekar said...

Intriguing list.
I confess, most are books that I haven't read. Should expand my reading horizons.